Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, sexual violence, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 13 December to 19 2020, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A case of grooming came to light from Mewat where 18-year-old Muslim youth, Shoyab Khan from Mewat pretended to be SK Sinha to trap a minor girl. Khan was arrested for kidnapping a minor girl (15) and forcing her into marriage in New Delhi. After the girl’s father filed a complaint at Rajouri Garden police station, police traced Khan to his native village in Mewat where he and his family were found absconding. He was finally arrested from Badarpur and has been sent to judicial custody.
2) A 16-year-old Hindu youth Anshu alias Lucky King was allegedly murdered using a butcher’s knife by the brother of the Muslim girl he was in love with. As per reports, the incident occurred on Saturday night at Sandalgaon which falls in the Bahadurpur Station jurisdiction of Bihar’s Patna. The murder came to light when the fish seller alerted the family and informed them that Anshu’s body with the throat slit open was lying in the Azimabad lane.
3) A new case of grooming has come to light from Odisha’s Dharamshala where a Hindu girl was kidnapped by Muslim youth. The life of the girl is said to be in grave danger and available information indicates that the father (Abdul Hamid Khan) of the groomer Abdul Sahamat Khan has been arrested and remanded to 14 days of police custody by the JMFC for issuing threats to the family of the Hindu girl. Latest reports suggest that the police have managed to rescue the girl and have also arrested the main accused.
4) Police in Bulandshahr, UP had a narrow escape when a group of 6 cow smugglers opened fire at them in the early morning hours on Tuesday. 3 accused – Fariyad, Jabbar, Kamruddin – have been arrested while 3 others managed to flee under cover of darkness. A police team led by ASI Anil Kumar was on patrol at night when they got information about a cow being slaughtered in a mango orchard. Police reached the spot where the accused opened firing with an intent to kill. Police had a narrow escape and managed to catch 3 of the men after cordoning off the area.
1) The neighboring Islamic nations continue to be a hell-hole for Hindus who continue to face persecution. Reports have emerged of three Hindu shopkeepers having been shot at in Pakistan’s Sindh. The three have been injured in shooting by a Muslim gang who were allegedly trying to grab their property in Aisha market, Umerkot, Pakistan. A case has been lodged against 5 accused and local shopkeepers and businessmen are protesting in front of the city police station in Umerkot, Sindh demanding the shooters’ arrest and protection for themselves.
2) Muslims lead by Muhammad Aslam, attacked the homes of Hindus belonging to the Bheel community, tortured, looted, and forced them to leave their properties in Pungaryo, Badin, Sindh-Pakistan. They are so scared to go back & submitted a request for protection to Session Judge & SSP police Badin.
3) 22 Hindu families were converted to Islam in village domori, Jati, District Thatta, Sindh-Pakistan. There is either direct or indirect pressure on Hindus in the neighboring Islamic nations to embrace the majority religion. In Corona lockdown Non-Muslims were denied rations given by NGOs & the government. They were humiliated, beaten & asked to convert to Islam to get food & respect. CEO of an NGO tells how they work with an Islamic Claric to convert 22 Hindu Families to Islam in Jati, Thatta, Sindh-Pakistan.
4) As hangings of Hindus in Pakistan were known widely on social media. Culprits find another way of Genocide, killing now on roads to make it look like accidents. It is now a daily occurrence, sometimes all family members smashed under a truck. Dolt Kohli killed in Umarkot.
5) Muslim beat a Hindu youth in Umarkot Sindh-Pakistan on Friday, a day after Hindu shops were attacked in the same area in which 3 Hindu Businessmen got injured due to gunshots and were admitted to the hospital. The situation is getting worse as Muslims demanding Hindus to leave their properties and town.
1) Unidentified criminals vandalized three murtis of Maa Kali at a temple in Sujanagar Upazila of Pabna district in central Bangladesh. Reports state criminals also looted all the ornaments from the murtis. Temple committee members found the three murtis damaged at Ahmedpur Baroari Kali Mondir on Friday morning and informed the police, Officer in Charge (OC) of Aminpur Police Station Mozammel Haque said.
2) Lakingme Chakma was a 14-years-old student of class-VI when she was abducted from her home on January 5. After 11 months, police called in her father last Thursday to identify his daughter’s body in Cox’s Bazar hospital morgue. They, however, did not hand him over her body saying the girl was ‘married’ to one of her abductors who managed a birth certificate that says she was 18. Attempts were being made to bury the girl as per Islamic customs.
3) A Hindu Boy Ganesh Chandra Roy was forcefully converted into Islam at Sachar, Kochuya, Chandpur District, Bangladesh.
4) An innocent Hindu Boy Rajib Dhar brutally murdered at Kapashiya P. S., Gazipur district Bangladesh.
5) A Hindu girl Smiriti Patra abducted, converted into Islam & then gang-raped by local Muslims Mohammad Feruz, Akbar, Mozammel at Bimanbandar P.S, Sylhet District, Bangladesh.
6) A helpless Hindu woman Shanti Rani was attacked by local Muslim Mufazal Islam at Rajarhat, Kurigram district, Bangladesh.
7) A Hindu girl Shipra Rani Shil Patra was forcibly converted into Islam by local Muslims Mohammad Robin at Kachpur P.S, Dhaka District, Bangladesh.
8) Statue of freedom fighter Hutatma Bhagha Jatin was vandalized by local Muslim miscreants at Kumarkhali, Kustia district, Bangladesh.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.