National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested the LeT recruitment case accused Karnataka resident Sayyad Idris from West Bengal yesterday. Sayyad was a part of social media groups run by Pakistan’s terror outfit LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) handlers and was involved in recruiting vulnerable youth on behalf of the terrorist group and radicalizing them.
The NIA press release reads:-
- Yesterday (10.11.2020), NIA arrested accused Sayyad M. Idris, s/o Ibrahim Sab, aged 28 years r/o
Uttara Kannada, Karnataka in RC-20/2020/NIA/DLI.
- The case arose out of West Bengal, Baduria P.S. FIR No. 150/2020 dated 18.03.2020 pertaining to
Pakistan-based handlers belonging to proscribed terrorist outfit Laskar-e-Taiba using various social
media platforms to radicalize and recruit vulnerable youth for sleeper cells, to propagate their ideology, and for abetting & advocating unlawful activities.
- The arrested accused Sayyad M. Idris was part of various social media groups run by Pakistani-based
LeT handlers in their effort to recruit individuals for sleeper cells of LeT and for furthering terrorist
The accused is being produced before the Ld. Court, Uttara Kannada, and transit remand is
being taken to produce him before NIA Court, Kolkata.
- In this case, a charge-sheet has already been filed against accused Tania Parvin r/o Kolkata in September this year.
- Further investigation in the case is continued.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.