Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, sexual violence, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 28 February to 6 March 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Two Muslim men, Fardeen and Aqibul, held for the murder of Simran Kaur while chain snatching in Delhi’s Adarsh Nagar. The incident happened on Saturday (27 February) at around 9.30 p.m. at E-block Adarsh Nagar in North West Delhi. The victim along with her mother was returning to her home from the weekly market. The woman was also carrying a toddler with her. The two accused came on a scooty and attempted to snatch her chain.
2) Women and men who had arrived to clean a Hindu crematorium in Luhingkala village in Haryana’s Punhana (Mewat region) on Friday (February 26) were beaten up by Muslims who had encroached the crematorium land. They were attacked with sticks and axes and three people including a woman were injured in the assault. Based on the complaint of the victims, the police have registered a case against eight people. The accused have been charged for assaulting, snatching money, and hurling caste abuse.
3) 18-year-old Suraj Kumar Das was driven to suicide by the rampant Christian conversion mafia operating in his Jharkhand village. Suraj stoutly opposed the conversion agents but, tragically, members of his own family had fallen prey to the Christian missionaries and were pressurizing him to convert.
4) Christian assault on Hindu religious sites continues unabated in Andhra Pradesh (AP) with reports coming in of the largest Christian cross being erected on the Edlapadu hill in Guntur district. The site is home to Devi Sita’s Paduka (footprints of Mata Sita) in addition to Bhagwan Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy’s carving on the backside of the hill.
5) A Hindu girl was critically injured in an attack by a Muslim stalker in Hyderabad on Tuesday night, police said. The survivor, a techie (29) working in an IT company in Gachibowli, was attacked with a knife by a youth at her house in Hydershah Kote in Narsangi. As per reports, the girl’s mother who rushed to defend her daughter also suffered wounds. Locals caught the stalker who was trying to escape after stabbing the girl and handed him over to the police.
6) Two Muslim men from Indore have been booked in a grooming case under MP’s new religious law (MP Dharm Swatantra Adhiniyam 2020) on Sunday for allegedly hiding their real identity and forcing two teenagers to marry them and to convert into Islam. It has also come to light that when the girls refused, the men molested them.
7) The lives of Dalit Hindu families who are living in the slums of Muslim-dominated Metiaburz also known as “mini-Pakistan” in Kolkata, West Bengal are under constant threat. The Dalit families of that area are under immense pressure to leave their homes so that the land mafia can grab their land. A person named Muhammad Sheikh Mumtaz is accused of removing Hindus from their area with the help of his gang. Women, children and aged persons have also not been spared.
8) As per a report in Panchjanya, Mohammad Salik was arrested from the Chaudhary Charan Singh University campus in Meerut district. Photographs of 40 girls and their phone numbers have been found from the mobile phone recovered from Salik. Many news channels’ fake IDs, pistol holders, some cartridges etc. were also recovered from him.
9) The father and relatives of Shabana have been charged for her murder and that of her boyfriend Ankit, both of whose decomposed bodies were recovered from a sugarcane field in Moulna village near Roorkee’s Jhabreda on February 11. A case of abduction and murder has been registered against Shabana’s father and other unknown persons and the father has been arrested.
10) Tipu Sultan (30) alias Satish Rai has been arrested by the Masanjore police on Wednesday for faking his identity and trying to lure a Hindu girl to marry him and convert her to Islam. He is from Dhawan Rampur village under Palajori Police Station of Deoghar District in Jharkhand.
11) A Hindu girl, Pinky Kumari, was murdered and hung from a tree by her Muslim boyfriend and his family in Sehdullepur village, Gopalganj district of Bihar. Afsar Ali, his father Nasir Alam, mother Sonia Khatoon, and Ward member Naimul Haq have been arrested for the crime.
12) Police have caught two Muslim men in a kidnapping case of a minor teenager living in UP’s Sambhal area. The police took action and arrested both the accused and recovered the teenager within 10 hours. As per available information, late Monday evening, Kotwali police were informed by the Mohalla resident woman that her 13-year-old daughter has been kidnapped by two youths.
13) Delhi police officials nabbed two accused following a month-long internal investigation for conspiring to kill two Tihar jail inmates through mercury poisoning. On further interrogation, the cops learnt that Shahid, Aslam, Azeemushan and Abdus Sami who were plotting the murder were inspired by the terrorist organization Islamic state and wanted revenge for supposed desecration and vandalization of a mosque and some of their community members being killed.
14) Two hit men, Sukhvinder Singh and Lakhan, hired to murder eminent intellectual, communications professional and Hindu activist Shri Sushil Pandit have been have been arrested in Delhi.
15) Two days after an SUV laden with explosive material was discovered outside Antilla, the residence of Mukesh Ambani and his family in Mumbai, more details have emerged in the case. The initial investigation into the case has revealed that the terrorists had meticulously planned the entire sequence of events before they parked the bomb-laden car outside Mukesh Ambani’s residence. Terrorist outfit Jaish-ul-Hind claims responsibility.
16) A person named rajaram Verma, self-proclaimed Congress office bearer, spoke against Ram Mandir from his twitter handle Rajaram Congress. In the objectionable comment, he said “I wont even p*** on Ram temple”. After the matter was reported to police, investigation is on.
1) Renowned Pakistani televangelist, Islamic scholar, and member of the National Assembly Aamir Liaquat Husain last week took a jab against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Sharif by mocking a Hindu deity on Twitter. The National Assembly member from the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) used a doctored image of a Hindu goddess in a bid to degrade the PML-N leader, intrinsically attributing derogatory characteristics to the deity.
1) A Muslim man Yusuf Ali from Bangladesh assumed a fake Hindu identity to lure and marry two Hindu girls. As per a report in the Bangladeshi news site sanatantv.live, Yusuf Ali alias Emon Ghosh kept his identity and religion secret to first cheat and marry a Hindu woman Tapasi Baroi from Oicharmath village in Ratnapur union of Agailjhara upazila of Barisal district, Bangladesh.
2) In the name of ‘development’, attempts are being made to evict more than 150 minority Hindu families from Patiya upazila of Chittagong, Bangladesh and build a new bypass road. Though the construction of the new bypass is completely unnecessary, according to the local Hindus.
3) On 25th February a Hindu girl named Toma Deb was abducted and forcibly converted to Islam by a local Muslim man Mohammed Alal Mis. This incident took place at Nabiganj P.S., Habiganj district of Bangladesh.
4) A Hindu girl Nila Chakrabarty abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Jobayad Ahammed at Sadar Thana, Moulvibazar District.
5) Bruttally attack on Hindu families by local Muslim led by Mohammad Parvez, Jahangir & trying to forcefully kick out Hindus from their land at Bashkhali P.S, Chittagong district.
6) A Hindu girl Eiti Rani Shutrader abducted & converted to Islam by Mohammad Ramjan Islam at Ashulia P.S Dhaka District.
7) A Hindu girl Devjani Pandit forcibly converted to Islam by local Muslims at Station Road, Sadar P.S Kishurganj. District.
8) Another Hindu temple was attacked and plundered by local Muslim miscreants at Chitalmari P.S, Kurigram district.
9) Hindu temple in Mathbariaa P.S, Pirajpur district was attacked by local Muslims.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.