Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 4 April 2021 to 11 April 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A grooming case has come to light from Ujjain where a Muslim man named Mahid took on a Hindu identity and became Mohit to trap a 15-year-old Hindu minor girl. As per available information, Mahid runs a racket along with his friend where he traps young girls, rapes and assaults them before forcing them into prostitution.
2) The body of a sadhu, Mahant Kanhaiya Das of the Hanuman Garhi temple was found at Gaushala of Charanpaduka temple on Sunday. He had been apparently bludgeoned to death in his sleep by unidentified assailants.
3) In yet another grooming jihad case, gym trainer Mustafa was booked under MP’s Freedom of Religion Act for hiding his Islamic religious identity from his Hindu wife before marriage. The pregnant woman found out his real identity when he produced his identity card at a maternity hospital where they had gone for her check-up.
4) Reports have now emerged of stones being pelted on Hindus celebrating Holi in the Muslim-dominated Saraiya area of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. The incident is said to have taken place on 29 March when Hindus were celebrating Holi amongst themselves and some color accidentally fell on a Muslim passer-by. This small incident, however, led to stone-pelting and violence by Muslims from the roofs of their houses in which several Hindus were injured.
5) Hindu temples and murtis vandalization continue unabated in AP (Andhra Pradesh) with reports emerging of Subramanya Swami murtis having been vandalized in a village in AP’s Chittoor district. Twitterati Sai Priya brought to light the incident where three murtis that of Subramanya Swamy and His consorts, having been vandalized and dumped near the temple by unidentified miscreants.
6) Tamil Nadu’s Christian clergy is openly campaigning for DMK and spreading hatred against Hindus and BJP during the ongoing assembly election. They are batting for Christian and ‘secular’ politicians to come to power and swat Hindus like mosquitoes.
7) The police in Mangaluru on Tuesday arrested an alleged pedophile, who worked as a caretaker in the Ullala Noorani orphanage and Dharul Maskin child care center at Kumpala in Dakshina Kannada district. The arrested person has been identified as Ayyub, 52, from Konaje near Mangaluru.
8) Yet another gang-rape case has emerged from the illegal immigrant’s hub of Perumbavoor in Kerala. All four accused have now been arrested and remanded. The arrested including Salim Mondal, Muklan Ansari, Moni Munirool, and Shakeel Mondal are reportedly immigrants from Bengal.
9) A shocking incident of sexual harassment has come to light from the Pimpri-Chinchwad area of Pune. Police have arrested a Muslim passenger in connection with the disgusting act of masturbating in front of a woman co-passenger traveling in an auto-rickshaw.
10) A man named Ali Khan, s/o Mohammed Khan, from Benaras posing as a sadhu and wearing saffron clothes was caught by locals from Rourkela in Odisha. Apparently, a devotee had invited the imposter believing him to be a sadhu and he had traveled more than 600 kilometers for the meeting for monetary benefits.
11) An ancient Shiv mandir located in a Hindu cremation ground in Jalandhar, Punjab was demolished on Wednesday, leading to outrage among locals. The demolition was carried out via a bulldozer and several murtis and images of deities were also broken.
12) Towards evening on the 24th of March, the body of a fifteen-year-old Dalit Hindu girl was found near Kittur village in Belagavi district. A resident of Nargund in the neighboring Gadag district, she was missing since the 20th. Police later arrested Saddam Bettageri and have charged him with sections of murder and for trying to cover up evidence. Local Hindu organizations and the public, in general, carried out protests demanding justice for the minor who they allege is a victim of grooming jihad (aka Love Jihad).
1) This week saw yet another case of a young Hindu girl being abducted and forcefully converted to Islam. Aarti (22) was abducted while going to work and later forcefully married off to a Muslim man in Larkana, Pakistan.
1) Nur Hossain Noorani, leader of the Hefazat-e-Islam militant outfit in Bangladesh, warned that if the country’s minority communities conspire against Islam, “we’ll catch them like a baby rat”. “If the minorities of the country, the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, conspire against Islam, we’ll catch them like a baby rat.”
2) Homes of Hindus were attacked by local Muslims on April 3 at Palpara village, Maheshkali P.S, Coxbazar district.
3) A Hindu girl Kishna Bhydha forcefully abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Rasel Gazi at Kotalipara P.S Gopalgonj District.
4) Hindu girl Shati Rani Mudak forcefully abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Sultan Mia at Sundarganj P.S Gaibhandha District.
5) BD Minority Hindu student is continuously being persecuted for alleged blasphemy against Islam. 06-04-2021 a Hind boy Dipto Sarker has been arrested in charge of blasphemy against Islam at Gournadi P.S Barisal District.
6) Homes of Hindus were attacked at 8 PM on April 6 by local Muslims at Sharsindhur village, Pakundhia P.S, Kishorganj district.
7) Hindu boy Avoy Das was arrested on April 5 on charges of blasphemy at Matlab South P.S Chandpur District.
8) Hindu girl Tanusree Adhikary forcefully abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Shamim Ahmed at Shamnagar P.S Shatkira District.
9) Hindu girl Jayanti Tafadhar forcefully abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Zakir Hossain at Buda P.S Panchagarh District.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.