Baba Ramdev has issued a clarification in the IMA (Indian Medical Association) while asking 25 questions to both IMA and Pharma companies. The letter dated 23 May signed by Baba Ramdev says that he respects Allopathy and expects the same respect would be extended to Ayurveda as well while adding that the quote that has been attributed to him has been taken out of context.
Baba has stated in his letter to Health Minister Dr. Harshvardhan, that the quote attributed to him was the one made by him during a worker’s meet where he was reading out a WhatsApp forward message. He also said that he admits Allopathy has made progress over the years in treating patients but pointing out its drawbacks shouldn’t be construed as attack on Allopathy as a medical field and certainly not as opposition to science.
Baba further said that similarly Allopathy doctors shouldn’t disrespect ancient Bharatiya science of Ayurveda by referring to it as psued-science. Just has modern medicine has discovered cures for several ailments like TB and polio among others, we have found means to control and permanently cure diseases such as arthritis, BP, thyroid and others by means of Ayurveda, Yoga and naturopathy.
His letter adds that while they respect the fact that Allopathy doctors have put themselves on the line while saving lives during the present pandemic, he expects that they would also appreciate the fact that even Ayurveda and Yoga have been used to save many lives from the Chinese Virus pandemic.
In his letter dated 24 May, Baba Ramdev has addressed the IMA asking them 25 pointed questions. Baba has attempted to highlight the shortcomings of Allopathy by asking for permanent solutions for certain common ailments.
The open letter addressed to IMA contains the following questions reports OpIndia:
- What permanent solution does allopathy offer for treating hypertension and its complications, Type 1, Type 2 Diabetes and their complications, thyroid, arthritis, colitis, and asthma?
- Just like allopathy offers treatment for TB and Chicken Pox, does it has any medicine for treating Fatty Liver, Liver Cirrhosis, Hepatitis?
- What treatment does the pharma industry offer to treat heart blockages? Does it also offer a non-surgical solution to Angioplasty?
- Does the pharma Industry offer treatment for Enlarged Heart and Ejection Fraction (ET) without using a pacemaker?
- Does Allopathy offer treatment for reducing cholesterol triglycerides, which does not cause any side-effect on the liver and can it offer side-effect-free cure for constipation, gastric, acidity and increase haemoglobin?
- Does the pharma Industry have a permanent solution to cure headaches, migraines, insomnia and permanent treatment to improve eyesight and hearing?
- Can allopathy give a permanent treatment for Pyorrhea that can stop the weakening of gums and teeth?
- Is there a medicine, which can help a person reduce 0.5-1 kg every day without any surgical treatment?
- Can allopathy doctors provide a permanent solution for psoriasis, arthritis, white spot syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, spondylitis and turn RA (Rheumatoid factor) from positive to negative?
- Is there any treatment to reduce stress hormones and increase happy/good hormones in allopathy?
- Besides IVF, which is a very painful process, does allopathy offers any natural treatment for infertility?
- Name any medicine in the pharma industry, which can help reverse the ageing process of humans.
- Is there any allopathic medicine, which can help a person give up all substance and alcohol addictions?
- Does the Pharma industry have a solution to treat COVID-19 patients, without using liquid medical oxygen?
- Mankind is walking towards the path of hatred and violence. Is there any allopathic treatment for the same?
- Does the pharma industry has a medicine, which can put an end to a fight between allopathy and Ayurveda
- If allopathy is capable of treating every disease and health condition, then its doctor should never fall ill
Earlier, IMA had taken offence to Baba Ramdev’s statement and written to the Union Health Ministry regarding the same. Ironically, however, the letter had been signed by IMA President Dr. Johnrose Austin Jayalal, an evangelical Christian who believes in ‘spreading’ Christianity irrespective of the profession one is in. He even wanted to use IMA as a platform to spread the “love of Jesus” and be a “living witness to God and encourage young medical students and doctors to receive Jesus as their personal saviour”.
He along with IMA Vice President Navjot Singh Dahiya, who is also a Congress leader from Punjab, have been making political statements from time to time, in addition to dissing Ayurveda. Dahiya even called PM Modi a ‘super spreader’. With evangelicals and Congress members controlling IMA, it is little wonder that the medical body has chosen to target Baba Ramdev.
It must be mentioned here that it was Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali which first published a research paper on on a new anti-Covid drug that has now been approved by DGCI and has been developed by DRDO in collaboration with Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories.
(Featured Image Source: OpIndia)
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.