51-year-old businessman Dhruv Raj Tyagi was stabbed to death for complaining about a group of Muslim youths in his neighbourhood sexually harassing his 24-year-old sick daughter in West Delhi’s Moti Nagar area. Tyagi’s son Anmol, 19, was critically injured by the attackers when he intervened to save his father.
Dhruv Tyagi was returning with his 24-year-old daughter from a trip to the doctor on Saturday night. As they were turning into a lane leading to their house, a group of youths chatting at a street corner started passing lewd comments and gesturing at the girl. Tyagi stopped and warned them, but they continued to harass the girl.
“This was not the first time the youths had misbehaved. My uncle had decided to end it once and for all by complaining to their parents, hoping that this would change their behaviour,” Times of India reports Amit, Tyagi’s nephew, as saying.
So after dropping his sick daughter home, Dhruv Tyagi took his son Anmol with him to the house of the main culprit, Mohammed Shamsher Alam, near WZ block of Basai Darapur village to complain to his parents.
But Alam’s father, Jehangir, instead of taking his son to task, started hurling abuses at Tyagi which led to a scuffle. Alam and a few others from his group started thrashing Tyagi, threatening to teach him a lesson. Alam stabbed Tyagi with a knife multiple times in the abdomen.
Hearing his father’s cries for help, Anmol rushed in to save him and was also stabbed on the neck and abdomen. They somehow managed to free themselves and were admitted in the ICU of a private hospital. Dhruv Tyagi succumbed to his injuries on Monday afternoon – initial autopsy report says he had three fatal wounds in his liver, kidney and intestines, and died of heart failure due to severe bleeding Anmol Tyagi is still battling critical injuries.
Police arrested Mohammed Shamsher Alam, his father Jehangir, and two teenagers who were also involved in the assault. Alam had a prior criminal record – he was recently released from jail in an attempt-to-murder case, and was involved in other cases of assault in the locality.
The Tyagi family has alleged that it was a planned attack as the men were ready with weapons.
Cases of murderous attacks on Hindus are growing in Delhi –
- Dentist Pankaj Narang was lynched to death right outside his home in West Delhi’s Vikaspuri by a mob led by a Muslim family (mother and 2 sons)
- Aspiring air hostess Riya Gautam was mercilessly stabbed to death by stalker Mohammed Adil (22) in East Delhi’s Mansarovar Park.
- 25-year-old Sajjan Singh was stabbed to death by a group of 6 Muslims after a minor dispute in a restobar in West Delhi’s Rajouri Garden area.
- Kanti Prasad (40) was murdered by a mob led by his neighbour Mehboob Ali in East Delhi’s Mandawali area.
- Ankit Saxena (23) had his throat slit by his Muslim girlfriend’s family in West Delhi’s Raghubir Nagar.
- Sunita (35) was stabbed to death, and her husband and son left critically injured, in an attack by neighbour Mohammed Azad at Khyala in West Delhi.
So bad is the situation in parts of Delhi that there is a silent exodus of Hindu taking place from localities like Sundar Nagari and Brahmpuri. But it is the Indian Muslim who is feeling left out, ignored and victimised, if one goes by Lutyens’ media reporting.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.