A minor Hindu Dalit girl in Thiruvananthapuram rural district was brutally raped and repeatedly abused for over two months after the assailants blackmailed the victim with visuals of the initial assault they had filmed. On Monday, police arrested seven men for this crime. Their names as per well-known Kerala based portal haindavakeralam.com are : Shaheed, Shamnad, Salman, Shahnas, AlAmeen and AnoopSha.
Meet the Jihadi Rapists
— HaindavaKeralam (@HKupdate) April 4, 2016
As per this news report –
“Police said one of the assailants developed an acquaintance with the victim through her brother. Two months ago, they informed the girl that her brother was in a drunken state at a liquor bar at Attingal and asked her if she could take him back home.
When the girl left the house to meet her brother, two assailants lured her to a deserted area and brutally raped her. They filmed the assault on a mobile phone. They threatened the girl that the visuals of the sexual abuse would be released on social media if she informed anyone about the rape.
In the following weeks, several persons repeatedly abused the girl. She had little option but to go with the men as the handlers used to blackmail her with the visuals. On March 31, the girl was asked to reach Parippally in the district. The gang came by an auto, but the girl was reluctant to go with them. Enraged over the girl’s stand, they physically attacked her. Local people who noticed the incident, informed the police, who in turn learnt about the rape.
According to police, more persons are suspected to be involved in the case. The exact number of persons involved in the rape would be known only after the arrest of the king pin of the group.”
Growing lawlessness in Kerala
Kerala is often labelled as a ‘progressive’ state worthy of emulation by the rest of Bharat as per Adarsh Liberals. However, the reality on the ground is that Kerala has a broken law & order machinery, with violent rapes, murders of Hindu activists by leftist cadre, and rising graph of Islamic fundamentalism.
If we focus on just women’s security, the situation is as bleak as the one in West UP. Here are some instances from the recent past of girl’s being raped or exploited-
- Jan 2016: Six youths and two minors were involved in two different rape cases at a homestay in Fort Kochi. In both incidents, the same person recorded the assaults on his cellphone to blackmail the victims. The arrested six were identified as E Christy, Althaf, Ijaz, Afsal, K Saju, and A Appu — all around 20 years and local residents.
- Dec 2015: Two Hindu Dalit girls studying in class IX and X of a school at Kadampanad, Pathanamthitta, were gangraped by eight youths in an abandoned house. It is said that the accused are Congress party workers, and the Congress Government in Kerala is dragging its feet over the case.
- Feb, 2016: A Hindu girl hailing from Pala and student of Tripunithura’s RLV College attempted suicide, following mental harassment meted out by SFI (student wing of CPI-M) leaders.
Rape, sleaze, corruption and Kerala Politics
- Solar Scam, 2013 – In 2013, a fraudulent solar energy company, Team Solar, used women to create political contacts with links to the Chief Minister’s office, and duped several people to the tune of millions of Rupees. A letter written in 2013 by key accused Saritha S. Nair, while in custody with Kerala police, has come to light recently. According to the letter, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and a host of other leaders had sexually abused Saritha. It was also alleged that a former Union minister raped her at the residence of a minister. According to Saritha, she had also paid Rs 1.9 crore bribe to Chandy through his aide Thomas Kuruvilla.
- Suryanelli, 1996 – A 16-year-old school girl from Suryanelli, Kerala, was kidnapped and subsequently raped by 37 persons, over a period of 40 days. The girl identified INC leader P. J. Kurien as one of the men who raped her. The main person convicted for this crime, Dharmarajan, also claimed that Kurien visted the guest house where the girl was kept captive. Her later retracted this statement.
- Kothamangalam, 1997 – A minor girl from Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district was abused by around 100 people for over a year before being dumped at her home. The victim named Congress and Muslim League leaders.
- Kozhikode ice cream parlour sex racket case – The case pertains to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode beach was used as a cover to lure young girls into the sex trade in the late 1990s. One of the victims, Rajeena, accused IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty of raping her.
- Varapuzha, 2011 – In August 2011, police in Varapuzha, Ernakulam, busted a sex racket run by Shoba John, who was also accused of extortion. A minor girl alleged her parents had sold her to John for Rs 1 lakh, after which she was exploited by some 200 persons at several places in and outside Kerala.
- Paravur, 2011 – In 2009, a schoolgirl of Paravur in Ernakulam was raped by her father who then presented her to people in the film industry. He subsequently took her to agents who allegedly presented her to local politicians, retired professionals, bureaucrats and film professionals. In 18 months, she was abused by some 200 people.
Will Hindus in Kerala wake up to this silent decay of their beautiful state? Because the fight to get justice for the poor, suffering Hindus of Kerala has to be fought by Hindu society alone -we cannot expect the chattering classes sitting in Delhi to get worked up over the rape of this minor Dalit girl in Attingal, the way they played politics over the suicide of Rohith Vemula. For our alleged liberals & Marxist academics, crimes like this gang rape are best ignored because they disrupt the carefully cultivated image of communist/secularist strong-hold Kerala as an ‘ideal state’.