The viral photos of a crying child, along with his dead relative, in the midst of an encounter in Kashmir on Wednesday have become the matter of a heated discussion. The Kashmir encounter photo was used by the Islamists and liberals in the media and social media to peddle lies about Bhartiya police and armed forces.
The photos in question are in the collage below:
The kid and his grandfather had apparently gone out to fetch their domestic help in their car when an encounter started near them. According to the police, the grandfather got hit by the bullet fired from the attic of a mosque. Head Constable Deep Chand also attained Veergati during the encounter, while the terrorists managed to escape. The child was rescued by the police, who also changed his blood-soaked clothes.
Tool of propaganda or promotion of national interest
In the past, Indian Islamists have routinely shared photos of children from Syria, Palestine and Yemen etc. to highlight the conditions there. They have shared photos of crying children of terrorists to question the government. The famous photo of Aylan Kurdi was shared extensively, although no-one talks about how Islamist Turkey and ISIS are the ones who have oppressed and killed Kurds!
When the police shared the Kashmir encounter photo of the child being rescued by them, all hell broke loose! The liberals accused the police of using the tragedy as a propaganda tool:-
Everything becomes a propaganda tool in the bloody violence in Kashmir. A three year old toddler has to have his misery broadcast to the whole world to drive home the “we good they bad” message. We would have got the point without his misery being filmed & shared so please don’t.
— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) July 1, 2020
If this was the end of it, it would have still been fine. But the Islamists started to push the narrative that police killed the elderly man.
This ‘halal lie‘ was supported by communist-liberals on twitter and on their propaganda portals like “The Wire“. Siddharth Varadarajan, a US citizen, and former editor of communist mouthpiece The Hindu is the founder of The Wire. It is amusing to note that he is a husband of noted communist Nandini Sundar and still preferred to take citizenship of ‘capitalist’ USA.
He was promptly tutored in logic by Rahul Roushan, CEO of news portal OpIndia.
Debunking the false narrative
It is important to debunk the false narrative around this tragic incident. After closely watching the Kashmir encounter photos and applying some common sense, the following points must be noted in this reference:-
- The liberal-Islamist cabal claims that the man was taken out of the car by the police and then shot. By now, the family also has been doctored to repeat this allegation. This is an attempt to demonise our security forces and is being promoted by anti-national elements. There was no reason for the police to shoot the elderly man. Further, according to the police, the direction the elderly man was shot from confirms he was hit by the terrorists. He came out of the car to take cover and was fatally shot.
- The Islamists claimed that soldiers were standing on the body of the deceased. That is factually incorrect as the soldiers can be clearly seen in the photos. The soldiers were standing around the body not walking on it. They are probably in the middle of an operation.
- The Wire alleged that the child told their journalist, Junaid Kathju, that police killed his grandfather. As the father of a 3-year-old child, I can confidently say that they are prone to repeating what parents tell them and not reliable witnesses in any case. My daughter, when asked her name frequently answers: ‘Shin Chan’. Needless to say, that is what not we have named her.
- According to reports, the threat of terrorist violence forced the family members to give such a statement. I will recommend this great piece on News Intervention to our readers. It describes how funeral processions in Kashmir have been transformed into platforms of separatist propaganda and how the relatives of deceased have little agency on what goes on during such processions. J&K police officer Imtiyaz Hussain tweeted about a painful personal incident that shows how ordinary people are pressurized to blame security forces for deaths of their near and dear ones in terror attacks.
- Some others found another ‘proof’ that the child was throwing stone at the soldiers after they shot him dead. The photos above easily prove them wrong.
- Amongst all this, no-one has asked who hid the terrorists in a Mosque and why. This is not the first time that they have engaged security forces while hiding in a mosque. Indeed, the request of Kashmir IGP Sh. Vijay Kumar to Masjid Committees to not help terrorists indicates that terrorists are getting help from certain sections. The fact that not one liberal is raising this issue further exposes them.
Indian liberals have a habit of lying to further their agenda, against national interest many a times. Driven by their hate for the current union government, they have combined forces with Islamists and on many occasions milked such tragedies for their own benefit. An example of their double standards can be seen in the picture below:-
They have famously used photos from Bangladesh and passed them off as as people suffering in Bharat due to COVID19. It is important in this context that the government enact a law against fake news. Such factually incorrect reporting that aims to spread societal discontent or supports anti-national activities and ideologies should be tackled at the earliest.
( Images Source: Twitter)
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.