15 accused have been named in the charge sheet filed by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in the Karkardooma Court on Wednesday for giving inflammatory speeches in December last year in a protest against the Citizenship Amendment Bill and inciting violence in February this year after the Bill was passed by the Parliament.
The 15 people, who have been named in the charge sheet, running into twenty thousand pages, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat have been charged under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).
Umar Khalid and Sharjeel Imam, who were arrested recently, are likely to be named in the supplementary charge sheet. It must be noted that both Khalid and Imam incited hatred through their inflammatory speeches all over the country including Delhi.
It had already been revealed how the Delhi riots was a well-planned conspiracy with many suspected anti-national groups participating in it. These include Pinjra Tod, PFI, Jamia Coordination Committee, United Against Hate, former students of Jamia university, and students of JNU and Jamia University.
In this article, we are profiling the 15 people named in the charge sheet.
- Tahir Hussain – is the chief conspirator of the Delhi riots who is an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Councillor currently suspended by the party. Besides arranging funds for the riots, he also mobilized the manpower required for rioting. He had even stocked Molotov cocktail bottles, a huge amount of bricks and stone pieces, catapults, acid pouches and petrol bomb bottles at his residence. These were used to target nearby Hindu owned homes and businesses. His victims include IB officer Ankit Sharma, who was murdered in his home and his body dumped in a drain.
- Muhammad Parvez Ahmed – is the Chief of the Delhi unit of Popular Front of India (PFI) which organized the funds for the riots. The PFI is a dangerous Islamist organization, formed in 2006 as a successor to the Kerala-based Muslim fundamentalist outfit National Democratic Front (NDF), by merging NDF with other southern Islamist outfits like Tamil Nadu’s Manitha Neethi Pasarai, Karnataka Forum for Dignity, etc. Intelligence agencies have informed the government and police forces that the outfit was an offshoot of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), another outlawed Islamist outfit which agencies have accused of being the feeder for recruits to terrorist groups like Indian Mujahideen.
- Muhammad Ilyas – is the Secretary of PFI who had fought the Delhi Elections on an SDPI (Social Democratic Party of India) ticket. SDPI is the political party affiliated with PFI. It must be remembered that the recent Bengaluru riots were reported to be orchestrated by PFI-SDPI cadre.
- Khalid Saifi – is the founder of United against Hate who can often be seen promoting hate against PM Modi, HM Amit Shah, RSS, and Hindus in general. So much for heading an organization that asks people to unite against hate! His Twitter account also supports fake news peddler AltNews which masquerades as ‘fact checker’. He also went to Malaysia and met Islamic preacher Zakir Naik to raise funds for the riots. He reportedly got the same through a Singapore based NRI.
- Ishrat Jahan – is allegedly an advocate. She is a member of the AICC (All India Congress Committee) and an ex-councilor. No wonder, lawyers associated with Congress received funds from Islamist organizations connected with the anti-CAA riots.
- Miran Haider – who is supposedly a PhD student at the Jamia Millia University, was one of the organizers who gathered crowds for the protests in addition to making arrangements for demonstrations and other activities. He is also the president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal youth wing’s Delhi unit. Before joining RJD, he was in AAP. He reportedly received funds to buy weapons.
- Safoora Jargar – is another so-called student who mobilized Muslim women and assembled at the Jaffrabad Metro Station in NE Delhi to stoke violence. It was this gathering that ultimately stoked the anti-Hindu Delhi riots. She is the same lady, for whose bail twitter naxals and Islamists ran a campaign on the ground that she was pregnant. The “give me bail because I am pregnant” idea has now become a viral meme.
- Asif Iqbal Tanha – is allegedly a student at the Jamia Millia University. Besides pursuing a BA in Persian from Jamia, he is an active member of the Students Islamic Organization which is the students’ wing of the Islamist body Jamaat-E-Islami Hind. We have covered this body in a recent article in some detail.
- Shadab Ahmed – led the rioters at Wazirabad Road and Chand Bagh. He has made several revelations to the police such as how different SIM cards and satellite calling was used to evade the police, people being asked to assemble with weapons such as iron rods and how WhatsApp groups were formed to inflame passions and incite mob violence.
- Natasha Narwal – is a JNU student and supposed women’s activist who runs Pinjra Tod. She was involved in hatching the conspiracy to incite mob violence in Jaffrabad. She was captured on video while having an unlawul assembly.
- Devangana Kalita – is also a member of Pinjra Tod who along with Narwal led the Jaffrabad violence. It is also pertinent to point out that both these women are members of the ‘India against Hate’ group and associated with Umar Khalid besides being part of a larger conspiracy to target Hindus.
- Taslim Ahmed – who is a resident of South Delhi’s Sangam Vihar owns a coaching centre and is closely associated with activist Gulfisha Fatima. He was one of the conspirators of Jaffrabad violence. Fatima was also arrested separately.
- Salim Malik – was one of the rioters as well as the organizer of the anti-CAA protests in Chand Bagh. He has been caught on CCTV camera attempting to change the direction of the camera and destroying it before the violence began.
- Muhammad Salim Khan – is one of the organizers who also rioted at Chand Bagh and destroyed CCTV cameras there along with Salim Malik and Mohammad Jalaluddin.
- Athar Khan – was among those who were recruited to interface between the conspirators and local organizers. He was tasked with coordinating with the Jamia Coordination Committee, AISA, Pinjra Tod, and United against Hate on the one hand and local organizers such as Salim Khan, Mohammad Ayub, etc on the other.
The profile of the rioters and organizers clearly indicated the deep-seated conspiracy and the well-planned and executed riots targeting Hindus in Delhi.
(Featured Image Source: )
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.