Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Lehragaga, Punjab unit president Hardeep Singh has been booked for attempting to rape a 15-year-old dalit girl who had had gone to his studio to get herself photographed. The same day, controversial AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan was accused of molestation by his sister-in-law.
Today, an AAP MLA Col. Devinder Sehrawat tweeted
“Repeated Reports of Molestation of women and sexual abuse,Ring Master Kejriwal obliging his lecherous cotrie & adding more such candidate.“
Col. Sehrawat tweeted some more startling revelations –
“Singer Shama Bhatt Accuses AAP Candidate Dev Mann of Molestation, Party needs serious rethink & sensitiveness on women exploitation reports”
“23 year old unmarried girl who worked in AAP patel Nagar Office, her pregnancy terminated illegaly at Nimrana. Women Commission to pl note”
“Arvind Kejriwal had full knowledge for the last 6 months role of AAP Leaders in the suicide of Ms Soni, Dililp Pandey name was hushed up”
And the most damning charge raises concerns that the rot goes right to the top –
“Word with prominent persons reveals that Mr Kejriwal himself has a colurful reputation starting NGO days. He is leading the gang well.”
The Sexual Exploitation Epidemic in AAP
It is hard to for any rational person to deny that sexual exploitation of women party workers, volunteers and even ordinary citizens who approach AAP for help has reached the level of an epidemic. Here are a few of the recent cases which came to prominence apart from those quoted above –
- AAP MLA & Delhi’s Women and Child Development Minister, Sandeep Kumar, was found to be exploiting women who approached him for a ration card – this was revealed when a CD containing videos of the minister in compromising positions with 2 different women was leaked. Later, police found 13 “sex clips” involving different girls on Kumar’s phone and hard disk. Kumar claims he is being targeted as he is a Dalit.
- Amandeep Kaur, the former convener of AAP’s Ferozepur unit, has said that at least 52 women including her were sexually harassed by male colleagues. Kaur had apprised the party bigwigs in writing about the conduct of male members but no action was taken against anyone.
- AAP worker Soni committed suicide due to continuous sexual harassment by an AAP leader Ramesh Wadhwa, and inaction by senior party leaders upon her complaints. In a video shot just before her death, Soni claimed that AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal asked her to ‘compromise’ over the issue.
- AAP MLA Mohaniya was sent to jail for sexual harassment
- AAP MLA from Deoli in South Delhi, Prakash Jarwal, was also booked for sexual harassment.
- A married AAP volunteer alleged that senior AAP leader Kumar Vishwas refused to dismiss rumors that she was having an illicit relationship with him.
These cases of sexual exploitation, added on to the degree forgery and corruption cases involving AAP ministers and MLAs, paint a sorry picture of a party that claimed to bring a ‘political revolution’. Within a short span of four years, the party has plummeted to absolute rock bottom.
AAP’s Response – Let’s Slander Modi!
But all this doesn’t faze Kejriwal and his band of yes-men like Manish Sisodia, Sanjay Singh and Kapil Mishra. For them, everything is fair in the pursuit of power and attack is the best form of defence.
Rather than introspect and reflect on how he has destroyed the hopes of lakhs of youth who had sacrificed their all for the IAC movement, Kejriwal has now decided to fling mud at PM Modi.
PM Modi’s involvement with a Bangalore girl. Amit Shah snoops on her. KapilMishra’s expose in Del assembly https://t.co/EheNhBbqcy
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) September 10, 2016
The ‘expose’ that Kejriwal is referring to relates to a story from Nov 2013, when in the run up to the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha elections, suspended bureaucrat Pradeep Sharma (a known Modi-baiter who was also arrested for corruption) had claimed that Modi had ‘intimate relations’ with a woman (named ‘Madhuri’ by media) and was getting her illegally surveilled through Amit Shah and the Gujarat police. This story became known as ‘snoopgate’ and was one of the weapons used by Congress and assorted ‘seculars’ to try and stop the Modi wave.
The woman and her husband appeared before the Gujarat State Women’s Commission on December 1, 2013, and said the surveillance and protection was at their request and that they had not made any complaint about intrusion of their privacy.
So ‘snoopgate’ as a political tactic failed miserably for Congress, and this slander will fail again to divert attention from AAP’s woes now. But what it does is confirm the growing realization that Kejriwal has no moral standards and now represents the worst traits in our politics. AAP supporters were even trending #ModiRapedMadhuri after the Kapil Mishra ‘expose’ in Delhi assembly. The same Kapil Mishra had called the PM an ‘ISI Agent‘ in the Delhi assembly last year – a comment whole-heartedly endorsed by Kejriwal.
— Nupur (@UnSubtleDesi) September 10, 2016