In yet another shocking display of intolerance and contempt for parliamentary decorum, 44 Congress MPs today held Lok Sabha to ransom with loud chants as the PM was delivering his Motion of Thanks on the President’s Address.
The incessant, facile chanting made it hard for ordinary citizens to hear what the PM was trying to say, and invited all-round condemnation on social media.
Disgraceful behaviour by Congress MPs during the PM’s speech in the Lok Sabha. They remind us that Parliament is meant for those who understand the difference between debate and screeching.
— Tavleen Singh (@tavleen_singh) February 7, 2018
Useless speaker,mute their mike,use marshals to throw them out. https://t.co/vob7vRV19k
— Geetha Jayaraman (@geejay68) February 7, 2018
Real thuggery by Congress trying to drown PM's voice. No one can beat these chaps in staying consistently pathetic.
— Hitarth (@Hitarth1987) February 7, 2018
Disgraceful behaviour by congoons in Lok Sabha. Continuing sloganeering throughout PM's speech. Should be chucked out with the disgrace they deserve.
— Amit Thadhani (@amitsurg) February 7, 2018
The sloganeering was definitely a planned tactic to drown out the PM’s speech, and it was a staunch media loyalist of the Congress party who let out as to who was master-minding the disruption (LSTV cameras did not show the heckling & disruptive Congress MPs) –
They not seen but heard in Lok Sabha … Sonia eggs on party members to protest
— pallavi ghosh (@_pallavighosh) February 7, 2018
Yet, PM Modi was able to make some very effective points to highlight the legacy problems inherited by his Government, and how the country had made significant progress on several fronts in the last 4 years. He also exposed the hypocrisy of Congress over democratic traditions & respect for the underprivileged by reminding them of several uncomfortable facts from history. Here are some key points made by the PM today-
- Congress is so steeped in dynasty worship that it never tires of claiming that Jawaharlal Nehru is responsible for bringing democracy to the nation. But the PM asked Congressi leaders to look at our rich history & many examples of rich democratic traditions that date back centuries ago. Democracy is integral to this nation and is in our culture, he reminded them.
- If Sardar Patel had been the first PM of the country instead of Nehru, entire Kashmir would have been ours today.
- He reminded the nation of the time when Rajiv Gandhi publicly humiliated and abused the Andhra CM T. Anjaiah by calling him a ‘buffoon’. Another regional stalwart Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy was also humiliated by the Congress national leadership. Moreover, the way Sonia Gandhi and her coterie did not even allow ex-PM PVN Rao’s dead body from being brought inside the AICC (All India Congress Committee) building and denied him a state funeral in New Delhi, shows the sheer vindictiveness of the present party leadership.
- Modi reminded Congress that the speed at which infrastructure works – roads, optical fibre, rail, aviation – are being carried out now, far exceeds what was achieved under the UPA dispensation.
- Modi said that when his Government took the idea of Aadhar forward to enable better and effective service delivery, suddenly the opposition began opposing Aadhaar.
- The biggest expose Modi made in his Lok Sabha speech was about the NPA mess created during the period from 2004-14. He informed the nation that while UPA claimed that 36% of bank assets were NPAs (Non performing assets) in March 2014, the actual level of stressed assets after detailed audit by June 2017 showed bank NPA as 82%! During a 6-year period (2008-14) during Congress rule, lending increased from 18L crore to 52L crores and 82% of that was NPA- the money that was looted by in collusion with Industrialists!
Did you like this article? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.